Oct 28, 2009
One of the Agile software development methodologies, FDD or the Feature Driven Development stresses in creating shorter iterations of functionality, with each functionality catering to certain features in the website. In FDD the software designing and modeling is given due importance, apart from tracking and report options as well, making it quite ideal for deployment in corporate websites. It gives more importance to the basic aspects of development, that when neglected, pose as great problems as the development process progresses. It is a comprehension of many organizational best practice methodologies used.
It is possible to scale down and still utilize FDD in web development. With many complex and complicated development methodologies available now, FDD is quite unique from the others. That said, FDD proves to be quite helpful in the web development arena as well.
So, few of the key facets of FDD in terms of Web development are mentioned below:
- Efficiency on bigger projects: FDD proves to be very efficient on bigger and complicated business projects. The more difficult the project the more effectual if FDD is applied. FDD helps in managing the web development projects in a simpler and better way. This does not mean that if the project has a small team, say 3 – then FDD is futile. It still holds good no matter the size.
- No technology constraints: FDD is capable of being used with any technology. There are no hard and fast rules that prohibit FDD from being used with any other technology. It can be successfully applied on many web-oriented technologies as well, like ASP.Net, PHP, Java and the likes. It is also freer from ambiguity, if the technology used is Object Oriented, as it proves to be slightly easier to apply FDD in such cases.
- Easily adaptable: Any new process involves little bit of confusions and hardships when tried to adapt in the beginning. However, the structure of FDD is easily adaptable and uses a common sense-using approach, with respect to web development, and you would find it quite comfortable to understand and involve the whole process into your web developmental activities.
- Efficient planning and reporting functionalities: FDD provides some wonderful planning and reporting features that prove to be useful in the web development process.
- Clear-cut and conditioned: From the part of this article, mentioned How to begin web development the FDD way, it is evident that FDD is distinct and conditioned, when it comes to web development.
- Reduction of risks: FDD helps in reducing risks using shorter iterations of designing, understanding of the requirements and the system where the website is to be developed – in a clear and distinct way, thereby leading to a state where there are no ambiguities, as the needs and expectations are already understood very well.
Visit us at www.xicom.biz to learn more about our company, services and capabilities.