Solrepublicsoldier is a Facebook Application that encourages people to share stuff they like in exchange for rewards program which they can sign up for on the website, soldierofsound.com.
SOLRepublic has already included Facebook log-in functionality in its website. However, it now wanted the users to connect to the website through Facebook platform to leverage the power of social media, thereby allowing the users to get more access to the platform and rewarding them to spread promotions on Facebook.
Proposition & Solution
Xicom designed and developed the FB App for SOLRepublic that involved extensive use of the Facebook platform. Our solution included the following features:
- Customer registration and profiling using Facebook.
- Game-style challenges for users to participate and indulge in some frolic
- Registering the users on the website as soon as they are registered on FB by using the application.
- Reward platform for managing the points, against which the SOLRepublic products can be redeemed by the users.
- Extensive Admin Reporting for managing entire site activities.
Results & Benefits
The solution offered by Xicom accurately and faithfully concerted with SOLRepublic's vision and it quickly gained a customer base of 12,500+ active users within a short period of less than 3 months.
- SOLRepublic's FB App was delivered on time, thus providing them with a bigger time frame to promote their product in the market.
- SOLRepublic is immensely satisfied with the outcome of this project, and the quality of the finished product by and large was exceptionally high and in-line with their expectations.
- New features introduced within the system were taken up and Xicom ensured faster delivery of the same to move up to the next level. This highly committed effort from Xicom, along with the all-embracing software quality procedures, boosted the client satisfaction, thereby increasing customer retention.
- The FB application developed by Xicom garnered highly positive reviews from the community users; further strengthening SOLRepublic relationship with its customers.
- SOLRepublic worked with Xicom by hiring dedicated resources (DTM Model), and fully utilized the flexibility to bring a change in scope and size of the product. As a result, the final product was crafted as per their requirements and adhered to all the standards of their respective business domain.
The solution was developed in CakePHP (MVC Framework) using PHP/MySQL on server side in conjunction with the Facebook Canvas App. HTML5/CSS3/Jquery was used on the client side. The entire FB Application was hosted on client's server, and database indexing and database/application level caching was implemented to improve the overall scalability of the application's features like the display of FBAppaccount notifications on Facebook notification section.
I've worked with this team before and they are wonderful to have as partners. Highly competent and professional, they were able to complete the app ahead of its schedule.
Sunil Subhedar (Web Product Manager)