Gushcloud is an online marketing & community platform that encourages people to share stuff they like in exchange for rewards program from various brands and businesses.
Gushcloud wanted to leverage the power of the social media by integrating it with the marketing and promotional activities of businesses, thereby allowing the businesses to get more of customer base and rewarding the users to spread promotions on Facebook and Twitter.
Proposition & Solution
Xicom designed and developed a reward platform for gushcloud that include extensive use of Facebook and Twitter API's. Our solution included the following features:
- Customer registration and profile using facebook/twitter.
- Gush generation by which business can define the activities that they want site customers to perform like Like their page, retweet about their product, write blog about product/service, share promotions etc.
- Extensive search module for searching and inviting users based on geographical location, physical attributes, number of facebook friends etc.
- Reward platform for managing the cash and Karma (Charity) points earned by users.
- Extensive Admin Reporting for managing entire site activities.
Results & Benefits
The solution offered by Xicom met the exact requirements of Gushcloud's vision and it quickly gained a userbase of 50,000+ registered users within a short period of less than 3 months.
- Gushcloud was delivered the product on time thus allowing them with appropriate time to market their product.
- Gushcloud is extremely satisfied with the outcome of this project, and the quality of the finished product overall was very high meeting their expectations.
- New features introduced within the system were taken up and Xicom ensured the faster delivery for the same to take the system to the next level. This overall effort from Xicom along with the software quality procedures enhanced client satisfaction, thereby increasing customer retention.
- The mobile application developed by Xicom gained very high reviews from it's community users, further strengthening Gushcloud's relationship with its customers.
- Gushcloud worked with Xicom by hiring dedicated resources (DTM Model) and fully utilized the flexibility to bring change in scope so as to get the final product as per their requirement and meeting all the standards of their respective business domain.
The solution was developed in CakePHP (MVC Framework) using PHP/MySQL on server side and HTML5/CSS3/Jquery was used on the client side. The entire web application was hosted on Amazon cloud servers (AWS) and database indexing and database/application level caching was implemented to improve the overall scalability of the application.
Xicom has demonstrated a high degree of flexibility, scalability and service orientation to enable us meet the strategic goals for some of our largest IT initiatives. Their sheer commitment, execution excellence and ability to work with us to envision our overall program, has made a tremendous difference.
Vincent Ha (Co-Founder / CEO)