Auction.com is one of the world's leaders in asset disposition strategies, asset management and real estate sales specialized in selling residential, commercial, luxury homes as well as performing / non-performing loan pools.
Auction.com wanted to expand its market by providing users a convenient and secure web based platform for buying/selling all type of properties like home, commercial properties, foreclosures through online auction and a system to keep track of their entire processes and efficient payment reporting system.
Proposition & Solution
Xicom developed an online auction platform for auction.com users and CRM solution for auction.com to manage and track all activities from sales to actual property selling. Our solution included the following features:
- Property registration module for adding property related details, associated documents and auction terms.
- Development of auction module for conducting offline and live auction of all registered properties of buyers varying from individual, agents and banks.
- Payment module for taking the security deposit from users.
- Search module for searching properties on various criterion.
- Development of CRM module for managing entire procss from property registration to property selling and tracking all activities, keeping track of payments etc.
Results & Benefits
Our solution helped auction to become one of the leader in asset management and real estate and till date auction has sold around $12 billion of real estate assets for its clients and more than 35,000 homes were auctioned in 2011.
- Auction.com was delivered the product on time thus allowing them with appropriate time to market their product.
- Auction.com is extremely satisfied with the outcome of this project, and the quality of the finished product overall was very high meeting their expectations.
- New features introduced within the system were taken up and Xicom ensured the faster delivery for the same to take the system to the next level. This overall effort from Xicom along with the software quality procedures enhanced client satisfaction, thereby increasing customer retention.
- Auction.com worked with Xicom by hiring dedicated resources (DTM Model) and fully utilized the flexibility to bring change in scope so as to get the final product as per their requirement and meeting all the standards of their respective business domain.
The entire web application was developed in MVC architecture using Zend Framework (PHP/MySQL) and several load balanced servers were used to manage heavy traffic of over 1 Million users.
Xicoms' creative use of technology solutions is helping us diversify our business model and generate revenue from different sources other than our core services. Their quality-assurance capabilities, excellent internal development processes and around-the-clock support have helped us achieve significant cost savings from our offshore initiative.
John Morrone (Vice President)